Granted, the Diner’s Journal post on July 16th focused primarily on vermouth, but it’s always exciting to get a mention in the New York Times!
ABC Kitchen Rye Whiskey Manhattan
- 1 1/2 ounces McKenzie rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce Carpano Antica vermouth
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashion bitters
- 1 teaspoon brandied cherry juice
- 3 brandied cherries, for garnish.
- Combine ingredients in a glass shaker with ice. Stir for 30 seconds and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with cherries.
My favorite quote, “Of course, what makes this particular Manhattan so good is not merely the vermouth, but the combination of superb ingredients in it.”